This is a management information system designed to solve managerial challenges of academic institutions in Uganda. We took a study of the challenges faced by academic institutions both primary and secondary and we decided to develop a computerized solution "Academic Institution Billing System".
- The system is capable of capturing student's records right from the day of registration till the end of the course.
- For accountability purposes, the system captures institution's income in form of tuition and other fees paid by students and then capture expenses incurred. With this information captured, a single click of mouse can make you know the profit or loss the institution is making.
- It captures fees payments for all students such that you can easily identify defaulters. It issues receipt upon payment and it can generate fees payment statement for a student.
- It captures student performance records considering beginning, mid and end of term exams. With performance information captured, it generates end of term reports for all students with their photos.
- The library part of the system takes account of the library and lab stock, tracking defaulters who have passed the book return date.
- Email sending functionality. This is used to send email to parents as confirmation after making fees payment and sending end of term progress report.